Sunday, December 16, 2007

Life's Lessons

Here are a couple of things I learned this past week while dealing with my foot surgery.


1. I didn't know I could miss someone so much! My mom has been a huge help and so have all of my friends but I just keep asking for Brian. When I was coming to after the operation I just asked the nurses over and over if Brian was there. Ha Ha! I’m pretty much a sucker for him!



2. Your hip is an important joint! Mine has been immobile and is now missing chunks of bone. Yeah It HURTS!

3. When the doctor tells you will want a nerve block believe him. It was the best; it numbed my foot pain for the first 24 hours.

4. I could never be addicted to pin pills I loathe taking them and how they make me feel.

5. When the doc says they are going to rebuild your foot they mean it ...not only will the x-rays look like something you haven’t seen but it will feel like they just cut yours off and put someone else’s on there for you.

I will stop complaining now. Sorry I had to vent a little I have been in the worst pain I have ever felt. I am so thankful for my friends and family who have tried so hard to cheer me up. I am pretty lucky to have such a loving fan club.





3 comments:

The Hunzikers said...

I have been thinking about you this week!!! I'm glad the surgery is over and that you are still alive1! I can't believe what a major ordeal you have been through! So i am assuming that you are home now. I will be praying for a quick, as little as painful possible recovery!

Oh, and ps you and your man look awesome together. Keep us posted!

Lindsey said...

I am so glad that the surgery went well and that there are plenty of people around to help you. I am also really glad to see that things with Brian are still going well. Keep us posted. Diddo on the two of you looking so cute together!

Shauna said...

Wow! It sounds like even though everything was incredibly painful that you are doing a little better. I still can't get over how cute you & Brian are together. I am glad everyone else agrees as well. Keep getting better!