Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I am a wannabe parent



So I was just at home visiting my family (they are as crazy as ever) and I introduced my new dog Ellie to her soon to be boyfriend (My parents dog) Dutch. When I turned 26 I decided I should either get knocked up or get a dog. Seeing as how owning a dog is less work and much less upsetting for my parents I went with a the dog! Her name is Elli. She is a year old and weighs 8lbs. I've only had her a month and already she is so spoiled. I got her from a woman who is getting divorced and was forced to get rid of her. Ellie had been in a back yard for 2 months with 2 pit bulls. They had been biting her so she has some scares and were a little skittish. I have been trying to get her to socialize as much as possible. I think she is just about ready for the dog park.

4 comments:

The Birds said...

I am glad that you chose to get a dog! You will be a great mommy some day! How about sooner than later with that cute Brian? Of course you need to get married first!ha ha! How are things going with that?

Whitney Hawley said...

My parents thought so to. Things are going well. I have been talking to him a ton. WHo knows maybe i will have to print up a certificate for you!

jonna said...

it's good practice...if you are like my sister in law who literally treats her 2 dogs like babies. Getting up in the middle of the night...taking them everywhere. monitoring the sleep and food...it is insane.

The Hunzikers said...

YEAH!!!!! I am SOOO glad you have a blog now!!!!! Whoo hoo!! Now I can feel like I know what Whitney Hawley is doing. I talk about you all the time and I miss you tons. I wish you were still at the Pony with us. Oh good times. I tried to call you the other day....we need to catch up!!!!